The 1st Annual Nathan Carreira Memorial Dual Panel SL
Stratton Mountain Vermont
Franks Fall Line
U14's, U16's, U19's, Masters
Sunday March 17th. All SWSC Should enter and race if you're not away at Championships!!
Check out the great Nathan Carreira Memorial Race Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk6GmnVakeU&feature=youtu.be
To Register, go to: https://adminskiracing.com/node/185009
What is the Nathan M. Carreira Memorial Race?
- A panel slalom scored ski race for USSA/VARA registered members hosted by the Stratton Mountain Winter Sports Club to honor Nathan Carreira’s (2003-2018) memory.
- Nathan was an accomplished alpine racer who took his own life in March 2018. At the time of his passing, a group of Nathan’s closest ski friends decided a race event would be the best way to celebrate his life because he was so passionate about skiing and smiled brightest on the slopes.
When is this year’s event?
- The first annual race is taking place on March 17th, 2019 at Stratton Mountain. It is expected to attract approximately 250 racers from the Southern Vermont community along with their spectating parents, siblings and friends.
Why should you support this event?
- The goal of this event is to have a fun, annual ski race that strengthens and builds community while celebrating Nathan’s life and his love for skiing. The event is also an opportunity to educate the community about teen suicide and ways to help.
- Funds raised from the event will go to the Nathan M. Carreira Endowment Fund at the Stratton Foundation. The Stratton Foundation's mission is to assist local children, teens, and families in Southern Vermont, helping them meet basic human needs in order to live a safe and fulfilling life. Nathan's endowment is a branch of this foundation and has already positively impacted those in the Southern Vermont community by providing a suicide prevention training and education program to the public.