Last weekend was absolutely amazing! The coaches were all impressed with the progress, focus, and hard work the group put in. Well done!
A few things the came together to help make this happen....
1) The skis were sharp! Well done!! Keep them sharp and even with the new snow, the surface underneath is VERY hard. Tune EVERY day.
2) Repetition. The number of runs the group had over the weekend was very high. 5-6 SG skills runs on Saturday AM. 5-6 GS runs in the PM on Upper Standard. 12 runs on Upper Franks on Sunday. Volume matters!!
3) Focus. It was remarkable to see the focus from the majority! Working on your skiing in and out of the course WILL change your skiing.
A few items we can improve on:
1) A few of you did a some lodge sitting. We had to go and get you out of the Sunbowl lodge. We won't be doing that anymore. A few rules on lodge 'warm ups'. You only need 5min to warm up. There's no need for breakfast and hot chocolate. Come out and train and no more lodge sitting.
2) GS Suits. We need to train in GS suits more. Wear a tight light jacket if needed, but train in the suit. It's MUCH faster in a course and you need to be prepared for the additional speed.
- We will now meet at the Gate Shack every Saturday and Sunday morning and after lunch (except this Sunday due to the race). Please be there by 8:45am and 12:45pm
2/1 (Fri): AM GS, PM SG
2/2 (Sat): AM SG, PM GS
2/3 (Sun): RACE DAY! Stratton U14 GS
Please register in the West Wing of the base lodge by 8am.
Meet the coaches at the Start (top of Franks Fall Line) at 8:45am for inspection
1st run inspection- 8:45-9:15am
1st run race- 9:30am
2nd run inspection- 11:45-12:15pm
2nd run race- 12:30pm
*All SWSC U14's MUST attend the awards ceremony following the event.
Yes, I understand it's Super-Bowl Sunday (Go Pats!), but awards are mandatory.
Get fired up for another great weekend!!